Bee Pollen, nature's super-food
Bee pollen is mentioned in ancient Chinese and Egyptian texts and even the Bible. It is said to contain every single element necessary for the human body to sustain life.We have been fans of bee pollen for many years and we are thrilled to share our latest discovery with you: our new, ultra-pure Amazonian bee pollen from Oxapampa, Peru.
What is Bee Pollen?
This often results in pollination and it is through this symbiotic relationship with bees that many plants reproduce. When a bee returns to the hive and crawls in, small clumps of pollen fall from the legs into a collection vessel.
The benefits of Bee Pollen
One of the most significant facts about bee pollen is that it is an alkaline and energy-rich source of complete protein. Bee pollen has approximately 20% easily-assimilated protein and 22 essential amino acids. This means that gram for gram, pollen contains about 5 times more protein than cheese, eggs and meat!
Here are just a few of bee pollen’s many qualities:
- More than 15 vitamins, including many B vitamins and vitamins C, D, and E
- 28 essential minerals, including iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium and copper
- Bioavailable enzymes, all which have been shown to help with digestion and assimilation of other foods (could also help with weight loss and digestion issues)
- Can help balance hormones for improved reproductive health and libido
- 15% lecithin, which supports the nervous system and brain
- High levels of nucleic acids, which help protect against radiation