WHAT IS KOMBUCHA AND WHERE DOES IT COME FROM??
Kombucha = SCOBY: Symbiotic Culture OF Bacteria and Yeast.
A simple natural fermented aged culture, made with pure water, sugar and black or green tea. Kombucha is a probiotic. Pro = in favor of; biotic = life. Kombucha balances the pH naturally. Our other probiotics are kefir, Caspian Sea Yogurt, Villi Ginger Beer, Japanese Water Crystals (Water-Kefir) and Tibicos
WHAT IT IS. WHAT YOUR DO WITH IT. WHY YOU WANT IT. HOW YOU MAKE IT.
- kombucha is a fizzy tea-based beverage. it's tangy and bright and sparkling.
- if you like the taste of cider vinegar, you will love kombucha tea.
- you drink kombucha for fun, for your health, or both. read about all the awesome benefits! (it's detoxifying, cancer-preventing, probiotic rich, digestion improving, anxiety reducing..)
- you'll see it at Whole Foods by the cold bottled fruit drinks (please buy the strawberry kind of G.T.'s kombucha sometime. uhhmazing), but you'll have to shell out $4 a bottle.
- you can make it at home for super cheap!
- kombucha is made by fermenting tea (just regular old tea) with a scoby.
- a kombucha scoby looks like a wet pancake. don't be too scared of it.
- SCOBY is an acronym for Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast. in other words, the good stuff we want in our gut.
- making kombucha is easy. drinking your homemade kombucha is fun. buy some swing-top bottles and it's like having a teeny tiny brewery in your kitchen.
So. would you try it? do you already drink it? and you want it every day? let's make some!
Article was written by and more can be found at summerharms.blogspot.com